Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Messy Apartment

I think we are going to be one of those couples who will have a clutter issue.

I'm sitting on the couch and I'm surveying our living room/dining room/kitchen...and it's a mess. I won't embarrass myself by taking a photo, but it literally look something like this:


Boxes everywhere (registry items on the table unopened...some need to be returned). Clothes on the loveseat (clean...just not folded or put away), books and papers everywhere, random luggage here and there. It's chaotic. 

As the loving wife-to-be, I have done my best to clean up. A little bit at a time, but it's a lot. 

What about Chris, you might wonder? Well, he almost never cleans. He does say he will help me, but I think the nature of his job just doesn't seem to allow him to have the free time to do housework. 

Of course it bugs me! I am someone who would prefer to live in a clean home and it irritates me that I have to live in this pigsty, but I also recognize and understand that Chris is hardworking. He is already stretched so thin with his work (almost every day, he goes to bed at around 2 AM and sleep only for 6 hours a night). 

My ideal situation of coming back from wedding to a clean home...is probably not going to come true. Oh well. We have to pick and choose our battles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment